Structural Designer - Continue your Journey with Us!
- Office Location Washington, DC
- Post Date 2023-03-13
- Team Washington, DC
Structural Designer - Continue your Journey with Us!
Join a Structural Engineering Firm that
Puts People First.
Re-imagine your structural engineering journey at a firm that embraces individual diversities and passions, has an inclusive culture, is nurturing to professional growth, and gives back to the community.Oh, and we also have some pretty sweet benefits.
STRUCTURAL DESIGNER – Continue on Your Journey with Us!
KPFF is seeking an engineering achiever who wants to make an impact on the DC skyline and is experiencing any/all the following circumstances:
- You recently graduated and want to begin your journey at a noteworthy firm.
- You desire to join a team where you feel respected, accepted, and inspired.
- You dream big and want to join a team that nurtures those ambitions and invests in your continuous growth.
- You want to make a large impact in your community with opportunities to give back.
KPFF is eager to meet you: we are seeking an ambitious EIT for our Washington DC office which desires to make a difference in numerous healthcare, industrial, commercial, hospitality, and housing projects. Our current Structural Engineers work on both new construction and adaptive reuse projects, in DC and coast-to-coast. We go where our client relationships go. We go where our relationships go, so long as our people are in the driver’s seat.
KPFF is a unique structural engineering company that re-imagines the way we work together. We value our people over all else and have created an inclusive space where one can feel inspired and motivated.
Our supportive and fun work environment allows for flexibility for families and encourages a positive work/life balance. We offer generous benefits, a competitive salary, and pay you for every hour you work. KPFF is a global firm with more than 20 offices, 1,250+ employees, and collective professional registrations in all 50 states.
KPFF proudly takes part in the professional development of engineers from the very beginning of their careers. Our designers are fully integrated into the team and are involved in all aspects of the project, being fully immersed in an environment where everyone, from principals, to project engineers, are ready to share their professional experience and work together, as a team.
Our purpose is to engineer opportunities for fine Engineers to accomplish their career goals. At our core, we are"Building Relationships and our Community with Engineer Excellence".
Why you will LOVE KPFF
- GENEROUS TIME OFF
- Fun friendly culture
- Leadership Opportunities
- Project and Office Diversity
- Healthcare (medical, dental, long and short-term)
- Company-paid family leave
- 401(k) savings (KPFF contributes 3% of annual salary)
- Flexible schedule
- Stipends for education and training
- Coaching, development, and career path guidance
- Fun monthly office-wide activities
- Nationwide network
- Community involvement opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- 0-4 years of structural engineering experience
- Possession of EIT License
- Proficient working knowledge of building systems and materials
- Have experience taking on engineering tasks and details assigned to them
- The ability to navigate through Revit is a plus
- Valid US Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation
- Basic knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, including the ability to communicate succinctly with various team members
- Strong technical skills in structural analysis and design
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to read, write and converse fluently in English
- Ability to plan, document, and organize tasks and deliverables so that other team members can clearly interpret your schedule and work
- Logical and analytical thinker
- Excellent research skills and the ability to independently learn new material
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Team Leaders, Engineers, and BIM Modelers
- Have a proficient understanding of load path, whole building systems, mechanics of building materials, etc.
- Ability to generate construction documents
- Compliance with OSHA Safety Standards
- All other duties assigned by the Supervisor
This position requires excellent communication and time management skills. The ability to accept constructive feedback is key as is the confidence to reach out for assistance when needed. Design engineers should be eager and passionate, ready to learn and grow.
- Maintaining the same position for several hours
- Moving throughout office or site visits
- Operate a computer, calculator, and various other essential office tools
- Kneeling, climbing, crawling, squatting, reaching
- Lifting and moving up to 50 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We are a laid-back, diverse, hard-working, and professional team of experts. While flexibility and communication are key to succeeding at KPFF, we are all accountable to each other and are constantly pursuing ways to improve.
Employees are valued and empowered, collaborative and team-oriented, innovative in their approach, and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy, and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive, and are committed to critically thinking through problems and finding solutions.
Our Firm Profile
KPFF is a progressive structural and civil engineering firm that designs state-of-the-art solutions for a wide range of projects. For over 60 years, KPFF has provided sustainable, high-value contributions to the built environment. We collaborate with our clients, utilizing the advantages of VDC with BIM tools as a way of visualizing, coordinating, and tracking systems. Our focus is to provide engineering solutions to building infrastructure problems, whatever they are, rather than put limits on what we’re capable of providing.
At KPFF our purpose is to engineer opportunities. That is why we created a training and engineering philosophy called “forefront”.Your experience starts the day you walk in the door and continues as a career-long effort, focusing on the advancement and growth of the entire team. Learning is a cycle, not a race to the finish line. In one way or another everyone becomes both a teacher and mentor for others as they continue to expand their own skills and drive the KPFF experience. The firm encourages innovation and continuous quality improvement in our work that is unencumbered by bureaucratic behavior.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more about KPFF Consulting Engineers by visiting our website atwww.kpff.com
- Minimum Experience 0 years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Structural Engineering
Ready to Join the KPFF Team?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now
View All Job Openings
Browse our open positions to find the perfect fit for you.