Civil Engineer 3-5 Yrs. Exp.
- Office Location Sacramento, CA
- Post Date 2023-01-23
- Team Sacramento, CA
Civil Engineer 3-5 Yrs. Exp.
KPFF is an industry leader in Civil and Structural engineering and has been in practice for over 60 years. We work with public agencies, developers, contractors, and architects providing Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Project Management and Surveying services.
We offer a collaborative environment with opportunity for growth, a great working atmosphere, competitive pay, and benefits. We are committed to doing excellent work and providing a supportive business environment. We hire people who are creative, highly skilled, and who approach each job with integrity and in the best interest of the project.
We are an engineering-focused company that is organized around the precept that great people thrive in an environment that enables freedom and independence while also providing the necessary amount of accountability and support. Trust, relationships, and excellence are foundational values for our company. Our success depends on trustworthy team members who are dedicated to excellence in everything they do.
KPFF is a large, stable company with over 1,200 employees in 20 offices located nationwide. We are decentralized, so each office has the freedom to pursue the clients and type of work that makes their office successful. This type of structure provides a lot of flexibility and opportunity for engineers.
Learn more about our company at our website:www.kpff.com
We are seeking candidates with 3 to 5 years of design experience, preferably in site development, to join our growing team. You’ll have the opportunity to use your experience to play a lead role in the civil engineering design, guided by a Project Manager and with the support of other team members. Our commitment to training and development will allow you to grow in your career and take on new responsibilities.
We are looking for team members who are passionate about making an impact in their work and community, who have effective technical and communication skills to work with internal teams and clients. You’ll collaborate with internal team members and external contacts including architects, clients, contractors, and public agencies.
Our typical scope of services includes preparing civil engineering plans and technical specifications, grading plans, drainage plans, storm water quality design, sustainable design, utility improvements, roadway infrastructure design, and ADA code compliance assessments.
As a Civil Engineer, you may be responsible for:
- Creating civil engineering plans and technical specifications.
- Developing engineering calculations for stormwater, utilities, and earthwork.
- Working with the Project Manager to execute the design, create work plans, and track tasks and deliverables.
- Providing guidance to junior engineers and drafters.
- Interfacing with clients and project team members involved in the design.
- 3 years of relevant design experience, preferably in site development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to function effectively in a team environment, and ability to focus on client satisfaction.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to concurrently manage multiple priorities.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering.
- E.I.T. certification.
- Working knowledge of codes, regulations, and standards applicable to the design and construction of major site development projects in California.
- Working knowledge of typical computer software programs used for civil engineering design (AutoCAD, Civil3D, Microsoft Office, Hydrology and Hydraulic, WaterCAD, etc.).
- Willingness to mentor entry-level engineers and interns.
Benefits Provided by KPFF:
- An excellent 401K retirement savings plan with employer contributions.
- Medical Insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) option
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option with employer contribution
- Dental Insurance – with a no-premium option
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option
- Dependent Care FSA option
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays (including two floating holidays of choice)
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, jury duty)
- Comp Time Program
- Flexible Working Hours
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Performance based Bonus program based upon the profitability of the business unit and contributions of the employee to its success.
- Minimum Experience 3 Years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Civil Engineering, Site Development
- Pay Range $72,000-$90,000
Ready to Join the KPFF Team?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now