- Office Location Seattle, WA
- Post Date 2023-01-18
- Team General & Administrative - Seattle, WA
KPFF has been an industry leader in civil and structural engineering for over 60 years, working with architects, developers, and contractors to realize our clients’ vision for a successful project. We are always looking for talented, dedicated teammates who share our core values: Excellence, Trust, Relationships, Stability, and Passion. Lifelong learning is emphasized at KPFF – it begins the day you walk in the door and continues as a career-long effort to help us all advance and grow together. We realize sustainable success by respecting and empowering personal potential. Sound like a place for you?
We have an opportunity for a Payroll Specialist to join our corporate accounting team in Seattle. The Payroll Specialist maintains personal support for employees and managers within KPFF offices throughout the U.S. This means taking time to understand questions, providing clarity on KPFF processes, and seeking out new ways to add value.
As part of our team, you will:
- Process semi-monthly payrolls for multiple business units in various states
- Process multi-state payroll taxes and produce reports for the general ledger
- Create reports for monthly income statements, journal entries, accruals, and reconciliations
- Coordinate 401(k) contribution changes with plan administrator
- Onboard new employees and maintain employee files in HRIS and accounting software
- Perform payroll verifications and certifications as needed
- Review quarterly and annual tax filings for accuracy
- Work with employees and managers to resolve questions
- Collaborate with the Benefits team for accurate and timely changes impacting payroll
- Keep current on federal and state laws, and work with the team to address changes
Experience and skills needed:
- At least 3 years of experience processing multi-state payroll preferably in an HRIS system
- Bachelor’s degree or CPP preferred
- Experience with web-based payroll applications and accounting software
- Advanced data analysis skills, including strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
Additional Skills & Abilities:
- Effective and clear communicator
- Self-Motivated and Collaborative
- Work effectively with employees and managers across all disciplines
- Strong Data analysis skills – look beyond calculations to interpret and communicate information
- Flexible and adaptable to changing business environment
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Professionalism in handling sensitive and confidential information
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Duties are typically performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material are required.
- May occasionally need to lift items up to 20 lbs.
We are passionate about supporting our employees through flexible and comprehensive Benefits.Our Benefits include:
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) with employer contribution
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with employer contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Life insurance
- KPFF Paid Family Leave
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance
- Paid Holidays (including two Floating Holidays)
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, jury duty)
- Subsidized ORCA bus/rail pass
In addition, KPFF provides a bonus program for employees based upon the profitability of their Reporting Center and contributions of the employee to its success.
KPFF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Minimum Experience 3 years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Business Operations
- Pay Range $65,000 - $75,000
Ready to Join the KPFF Team?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now