Structural Engineer - Project Engineer 8+ Years ExperienceApply Now
- Office Location Los Angeles, CA
- Post Date 2022-12-21
- Team Los Angeles, CA
Structural Engineer - Project Engineer 8+ Years Experience
KPFF Los Angeles Structural is looking for full-time structural engineering professionals who are self-motivated and eager to deepen their knowledge of structural engineering while gaining real-world experience.
Our engineers work in a team structure that allows frequent collaboration and connection to all layers of our organization, from interns to Principals. We foster a culture where our engineers collaborate outside of the project work through social events, educational programs and technical training. We provide numerous opportunities for professional growth, learning, and teaching. Individual accomplishments and successful projects determine your future at KPFF, and your dedication and talent will drive your career here.
This is an Exempt employment position, all overtime hours are paid at an hourly rate.
KPFF is proud to provide our employees with benefits options that fit their unique lives, including:
- Two medical insurance plan options for you to choose from, a traditional PPO plan and a HDHP plan
- Dental Insurance
- 7 paid holidays, and 2 floating holidays for you to use each year
- 2 weeks vacation annually, with competitive seniority based accruals
- 2 weeks of personal and sick time to care for yourself and your family members
- KPFF will contribute 3% of your base salary to your 401 (k) regardless of your contribution
- KPFF Paid Family Leave: Provides 60% of your base salary while on an approved leave for up to 6 weeks in a rolling 12-month period
- 40-hour work schedule, Monday through Friday
- Flexible scheduling - core hours of collaboration are 9:30-3:30 PM
- Company cell phone or monthly stipend for licensed PE's and SE's
- Monthly Way We Work stipend for remote work and transit expenses
- Semi-annual Bonuses
- Opportunities for educational events, relationship building, and fun!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Excellent interpersonal communication and professional demeanor
- Effectively work on a team with individuals of varying backgrounds and experiences
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Solid technical skills
- Ability to independently plan, document, organize, and engage in problem solving
- Excellent research and information gathering skills
- BS in Civil Engineering (with an emphasis in Structures)
- Transcripts must show completed courses in:
- Steel or Wood Design
- At least eight years of full-time experience as a strucutral PE or equivalent is required
- PE Certification
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA or above in Bachelor’s coursework
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structures
- Candidates with transcripts showing completed graduate coursework in:
- Structural Design
- Steel or Wood Design
- SE Certification is preferred
If you are interested in this position, please apply on our careers page. Resumes sent elsewhere will not be considered.
Link to job posting:https://www.kpff.com/job-details/1756/
To complete your applicaiton, submit unlocked PDFs of your most current transcripts for all undergraduate & graduate coursework along with a cover letter.
In your cover letter (PDF) please respond to the following prompts:
- Describe a time when you were assigned a project or task that turned out to be really difficult. How did you work through it, and what was the outcome?
- Who has most influenced you and why?
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to actively engage with a computer for several hours per day.
- May occasionally need to lift items up to 15 lbs.
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to critically thinking through problems and finding solutions.
KPFF Consulting Engineers provides civil and structural engineering services to architects, government agencies, developers, contractors, and institutional clients. Our Los Angeles Structural office is located at the Bloc in Downtown Los Angeles. A warm and friendly environment, we are dedicated to growing with our employees and allowing people to pursue their passions. KPFF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
- Minimum Experience 8 Years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Structural Engineering, Structural Engineering
- Pay Range $105,000-$115,000 salary depending on education, experience, and licensure