Structural Project Engineer Position (4+ Years Experience)Apply Now
- Office Location Des Moines, IA
- Post Date 2022-12-12
- Team Des Moines, IA
Structural Project Engineer Position (4+ Years Experience)
Are you feeling stuck and looking for something different? Are you looking for a place to work where opportunity is abundant to create a new career path? Are you looking for somewhere where people are put first? Look no further.
KPFF is seeking a structural project engineer for our Des Moines office who is needed to design and manage a diverse range of structural building projects of various sizes and market types.
Why KPFF Des Moines?
KPFF is a unique structural engineering company that re-imagines the way we work together. We value our people over all else and have created an inclusive space where one can feel inspired and motivated. KPFF is all about freedom and opportunity to work on what inspires you and blaze your own path.
At KPFF you will be trusted to work independently as well as collaboratively in the design and construction process with talented engineers. BIM/CAD technicians, architects, project managers, contractors, and client teams for a wide array of intriguing projects. Providing first-class service to our clients is what we are all about. Our core values of Excellence, Trust, Relationships, Stability, and Passion drive everything we do.
In our Des Moines office and with KPFF you will experience the best of both worlds. You will be a part of a large, stable engineering firm with access to world-class engineering talent, exciting projects and great benefits. You will also experience the flexibility, lack of bureaucracy, family-like culture and ability to advance and grow quickly that comes with a smaller office.
Our supportive and fun work environment allows for flexibility for families and encourages a positive work/life balance. We have employees working full-time in the office, hybrid and full-time remotely. We offer generous benefits, a competitive salary and pay you for every hour you work. KPFF is a global firm with more than 20 offices, 1,250+ employees and collective professional registrations in all 50 states.
We are looking for:
- Creative, proactive and detail-oriented candidate.
- 4+ years of experience in analysis and design of building structures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineering License preferred, but not required. Must be progressing towards or have the ability to obtain.
- Working knowledge of structural analsyis and design software such as RAM Structural System, RISA, ETABS.
- Working knowledge of Revit.
- Knowledge of structural building design codes such as ACI 318, ASCE 7, IBC, AISC & NDS.
- Background in all the typical building materials including steel, concrete, masonry and wood.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time to client meetings and project sites.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be involved in projects from the beginning to the end of the project.
- Be responsible for the analysis and design of the complete building structural system.
- Be responsible for development and quality control of project deliverables - drawings & calculations.
- Collaborate with architects, contractors and other design team members to solve problems and deliver a successful project to the owner, track project cost, budget and deadlines of projects.
- Plan and conduct site visits to ongoing projects and prepare site observation reports, review submittals and respond to RFIs as part of the construction administration process.
At KPFF our purpose is to engineer opportunities. That is why we created a training and engineering philsophy called "forefront". Your experience starts the day you walk in the door and continues as a career-long effort, focusing on the advancement and growth of the entire team. Learning is a cycle, not a race to the finish line. In one way or another everyone becomes a teahcer and mentor for others as they continue to expand their own skills and drive the KPFF experience. The firm encourages innovation and continuous quality improvement in our work that is unencumbered by bureaucratic behavior.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more about KPFF Consulting Engineers by visiting our website atwww.kpff.com.
- Minimum Experience 4 Years Experience Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Structural Engineering