Project Coordinator - Experienced
- Office Location Los Angeles, CA
- Post Date 2022-11-15
- Team Los Angeles, CA
Project Coordinator - Experienced
A Project Coordinator in the Los Angeles Structural Engineering office will work with other Project Coordinators and the Office Manager to serve several engineering and modeling teams. The Project Coordinator will be part of an Administrative team and provide administrative support to the office. This role will report to the Office Manager.
To be considered, submit unlocked PDFs consisting of the following:
A resume identifying all previous employment with explanations of any gaps in employment,
Your most current transcripts for all college level coursework,
A cover letter addressing the following two prompts at a minimum:
What does your work ethic look like? – Give examples of your work ethic in action.
Describe a time when you were part of a team you felt worked well and why you felt it was successful.
If you are interested in this position, please click on the “Apply” button below. Resumes sent elsewhere will not be considered.
- 40-hour work schedule, Monday through Friday
- Benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, & employer 401k contributions
- 2 Weeks of Vacation annually
- Paid overtime hours
- Flexible scheduling - core hours of collaboration are 9:30-3:30 PM
- Opportunities for social interaction, teambuilding, and fun!
- 5 years of full-time Administrative experience with High School Diploma required.
- 1-2 years of full-time project coordinator experience preferred.
- Construction industry experience highly preferred.
Effective Team Member
- Service oriented individual with a track record of high performance and reliable attendance.
- Provides an exceptional level of service and quality of work to all staff.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-motivated, takes pride in their work.
- Manage multiple deadlines effectively.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and efficient.
- Demonstrates ability to work on a team in various roles.
- Strong interpersonal collaboration skills.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and attitude.
- Can process feedback and use it for future decision making.
- Strong critical thinking skills. Can independently solve problems at a level appropriate for their role.
- Ability to remain calm and effectively communicate with all levels of staff when under pressure.
- Willingness to learn new skills, take on new challenges, and help other team members.
- Contributes to a positive team environment.
- Proactive team member who plans ahead whenever possible.
- Continuously seeks improvement of their own skills and team performance.
- Highly competent with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote).
- Competent in proofing and quality control.
- Competent with scanner and copy functions and troubleshooting.
- Experience with project management software preferred (i.e., MS Planner).
- Experience with PDF editor software preferred (i.e., Adobe or Bluebeam).
- Experience in construction administration tasks such as tracking of RFI’s, change orders, invoices, estimates, and other documents for multiple projects highly preferred.
- Coordinate project needs including printing, shipping, document markups, logging, specs, calculation packages.
- Handle the maintenance, upkeep, and cleanliness of all office spaces, including but not limited to, the kitchen, breakroom, and conference rooms.
- Go to person for office knowledge:
- Ordering of supplies
- Vendor contacts
- Building Management
- Assist preparation of documents for milestone submittals such as plan check.
- Tracking of RFI’s, change orders, invoices, estimates, and other documents. Utilization of a log to ensure timely response to items.
- Coordinates conference room reservations, Teams meetings, Zoom meetings, and other web-based meeting reservations.
- Maintain accurate project files and documentation utilizing electronic filing systems for projects.
- Conduct research and handle information requests.
- Coordinates dates, orders, and other needs for staff training and development.
- Assists project manager on prime contracts with management of subconsultants such as tracking contracts, processing change orders, developing meeting minutes, etc.
- Assist team leaders with workload planning and coordination.
- Provide occasional service and cleaning to various kitchen appliances, including coffee machines, dishwashers, microwaves, etc.
- Assist with office wide event coordination.
- Assist in preparing projects for closure including ensuring conformance to KPFF archiving policy.
- Coordinate travel needs.
- Coordinate food orders for meetings.
- Other miscellaneous office administrative needs including but not limited to, distribution of mail, answering phones, ordering office supplies, etc.
- Backup for Office Manager, other project coordinators, and other Admin staff, as needed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties require in person attendance during our core hours of 9:30-3:30 at our office in Downtown Los Angeles.
- Duties are performed in a typical office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to actively engage with a computer for several hours per day.
- May occasionally need to lift items up to 15 lbs.
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy, and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to critically thinking through problems and finding solutions.
KPFF Consulting Engineers provides civil and structural engineering services to architects, government agencies, developers, contractors, and institutional clients. Our Los Angeles Structural office is located at the Bloc in Downtown Los Angeles. A warm and friendly environment, we are dedicated to growing with our employees and allowing people to pursue their passions. KPFF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
- Minimum Experience 5 Years Experience
- Minimum Education High School / GED
- Discipline/Specialty Business Operations
Ready to Join the KPFF Team?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now