Engineering - Structural Internship
- Office Location Special Projects - Long Beach, CA
- Post Date 2022-09-12
- Team Special Projects - Long Beach, CA
Engineering - Structural Internship
Structural Engineering Intern (Special Projects - Long Beach)
The Long Beach, CA office of KPFF’s Special Projects Groupis seeking a motivated Junior or Senior level Civil/Structural Engineering Intern that is ready to launch their educational experience into the professional world. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is eager to develop design and project management skills and who is passionate about providing exceptional client service. The weekly hours and longevity of the internship will depend on candidate’s availability and KPFF’s work load. Job responsibilities will vary by project and individual intern, but generally include the following:
- Assist engineers with various tasks associated with the project design, including calculations, plan production and review, and cost estimating.
- Assist in office duties such as making copies, assisting with reports, picking up and dropping off packages.
- Assist with project site visits. The applicant may be required to navigate through a jobsite and must comply with all Company and Site safety requirements in the office and on the jobsite.
Current project types and potential work includes:
- Container terminal infrastructure design and construction support
- Ports; wharf design, waterway dredging, terminal operations building, rail infrastructure
- Ferry terminals
- Fisheries Engineering; hatchery building and pond design, diversion and intake structures
- Site Development for various types of projects including Industrial, Commercial, Residential
Minimum Qualifications and requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a BSCE program or higher
- Basic knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong technical and organizational abilities
Preferred Requirements & Skills:
- EIT Certification
- Has taken or is currently enrolled in concrete design
- Knowledge in SAP2000, MS Excel, and VBA, AutoCAD
- Willingness to work on a variety of non-building project types including civil and structural tasks
Education and/or Experience:
Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree or higher
With over 1,200 employees nationwide, KPFFis an engineering-focused company that is organized around the philosophy that great people thrive in an environment that enables freedom and independence while also providing the necessary amount of accountability and support.
Trust and excellence are foundational values for our company. Our non-bureaucratic approach depends on passionate, trustworthy people who are dedicated to excellence in everything they do.
We focus on long term stability and prudent growth by building lasting relationships, maintaining an excellent reputation, helping improve our profession, helping our clients to succeed, and providing increasing opportunities for the great people that make up KPFF.
KPFF Special Projects– We have recognized that there are specialized issues associated with development of certain projects, which require unique management and technical skills. The KPFF Special Projects Group was established to directly address these concerns with a unique combination of focused dedication to successful delivery via specialized project managers, a highly qualified technical staff, and a predisposition to think and act innovatively. Special Projects has offices located in Seattle & Tacoma, WA and Long Beach, CA, with a total staff size of 100+ people.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest by clicking on the “Apply” button below.
Resumes sent elsewhere will not be considered.
KPFF Consulting Engineers is committed to recruiting and employing qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
- Minimum Experience 0 Experience
- Minimum Education Associate's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Structural Engineering
Ready to Join the KPFF Family?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now