Senior BIM Modeler
- Office Location Cincinnati, OH
- Post Date 2022-09-08
- Team Cincinnati, OH
Senior BIM Modeler
KPFF is seeking a Senior BIM Modeler in the Greater Cincinnati area who is ambitious, humble, and strategic, while hungry for trust, autonomy, and wants to help grow a practice.
Our purpose is to engineer opportunities for ambitious individuals to help them accomplish their career goals. This is one such role: to help design and support our engineers that are currently working on some amazing projects both throughout the region and nationally. At KPFF, we are “Building Relationships and our Community with Engineering Excellence”.
Senior BIM Modeler
This position is key to delivering on the promise and commitment to excellence and plays an important part on each Team within our office. This role requires collaboration with all Team Members to understand priorities, drive clarity, and implementation of BIM Processes. The ability to mentor and advise other developing Team Members to help grow their careers and advance their skills is a major plus. The right candidate will have the passion and ability to see structures in three dimensions, know how a great set of drawings is developed and navigated, be comfortable with fielding questions from other Team Members, and looks at BIM as a deliverable. Those who are patient and driven, can listen and contribute, and can teach and learn, will be the most successful at KPFF.
TO SUCCEED AT KPFF YOU:
- Enjoy being a mentor; have a teacher’s mindset
- Are self-motivated and strive for excellence in all aspects: for yourself and others
- Have effective organizational skills and exemplary verbal and written communication skills, focused on relationship building inside and outside of the company
- Consistently think beyond rote training to thoughtfully and creatively design structural solutions
- Displays a desire for growth and welcomes advancement opportunities
- Welcome the collaborative and iterative process that comes with designing world-class buildings
- Participate in planning and supporting the Vision of the office
- Embody KPFF’s core values:Excellence, Trust, Relationships, Stability, and Passion
- Mastery of Revit (Dynamo preferred as well) and Bluebeam
- Knowledge of how to produce accurate and complete structural engineering Models and Drawings, according to the current code standards
- Understanding of BIM as a deliverable
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to read, write, and converse fluently in English
- Associates Degree preferred, High School Diploma or GED acceptable
- 5+ Years as a BIM Modeler
- High level of BIM experience in developing and implementing strategy, workflow, and completion of projects
- Valid US Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Principal-In-Charge, Team Leaders, Engineers, and Modelers to successfully execute projects on time
- Work with the engineering Team to develop and implement BIM standards and practices
- Review BIM needs for each project and strategically delegate work to BIM Team Members
- Oversee the production of detailed structural plans for projects
- Have a strong understanding of the Construction Administration process and best practices
- Performing quality checks on drawings before being submitted for construction
- Any and all other duties assigned by the Supervisor
- Minimum of 40 hours weekly
- Ability to work beyond scheduled hours on nights and weekends to meet deadlines
- Maintaining the same position for several hours
- Walking throughout office or site visits
- Operate a computer, calculator, and various other essential office tools
- Kneeling, climbing, crawling, squatting, reaching
- Lifting and moving up to 50 pounds
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
We are a laid-back, but hard-working Team. Flexibility and communication are key to succeeding at KPFF.
We are forward-thinking structural and civil engineers who design state-of-the-art, enduring solutions for a wide range of projects. KPFF has provided sustainable, high-value contributions to the built environment for more than 60 years. We collaborate with our clients by utilizing the advantages of VDC with BIM tools as a way of visualizing, coordinating, and tracking systems. Our focus is to provide engineering solutions to building infrastructure problems, whatever they are, rather than put limits on what we’re capable of providing.
At KPFF our purpose is to engineer opportunities – we have created a training and engineering philosophy called “forefront”.Your experience starts the day you walk in the door at KPFF and continues as a career-long effort to help us all advance and grow together. Learning is a cycle, not a race to the finish line. In one way or another, everyone becomes a teacher and mentor for others as they continue to expand their own skills and drive the KPFF experience.KPFF encourages innovation and continuous quality improvement in our work unencumbered by bureaucratic behavior. Professional development is an everyday event as is your direct interaction with Owners, Architects, andContractors.
Our supportive and fun work environment allows for flexibility for families and encourages a positive work/life balance. We offer generous benefits, a competitive salary, and pay you for every hour you work. KPFF is a global firm with more than 20 offices, 1,200+ employees, and collective professional registrations in all 50 states.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more about KPFF Consulting Engineers by visiting our website atwww.kpff.com
- Minimum Experience 5 Experience
- Minimum Education High School / GED
- Discipline/Specialty Modeling/Drafting
Ready to Join the KPFF Family?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now