IT - System Administrator
- Office Location Los Angeles, CA
- Post Date 2022-09-01
- Team Los Angeles, CA
IT - System Administrator
KPFF Los Angeles Structural seeks a System Administrator to join our team.
The candidate must demonstrate broad knowledge of computer software, hardware, and networks. They will be responsible for modifying and supporting the company’s computer systems. Daily tasks may include installing, upgrading, and monitoring software and hardware as well as maintaining our production essentials such as operating systems, business applications, security tools, laptop, and desktop PCs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage IT Helpdesk Tickets for end-user support
- Troubleshoot problems reported by users and analyze and isolate issues.
- Troubleshoot IT issues and outages
- Upgrade systems with new releases and versions
- Support Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs)
- Able to adapt to Internet, and Intranet systems.
- Ensure all system components work properly together.
- Monitor and maintain network and system security.
- Evaluate and modify the system’s performance.
- Responsible for inventory management on business hardware and applications
- Ensuring Security and Efficiency of the IT Infrastructure
- Innovate tools related to Automation
- Must be willing to Travel
- Must be able to support remote offices virtually
- Will be available for the on-call Information Technology Helpdesk rotation
Requirements and Qualifications
- Computer Science degree or IT technical certification preferred.
- Knowledge about Microsoft Windows OS Systems
- Knowledge about Microsoft O365/Azure and AWS is a plus
- Knowledge about Virtualization (VMware)
- Familiar with network monitoring tools.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as Internet Protocol (IP) addressing, network ports, and protocols.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- This job will occasionally allow for some responsibilities to be conducted remotely.
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- May occasionally need to lift items up to 15 lbs.
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to critically thinking through problems and finding solutions.
KPFF Consulting Engineers provides civil and structural engineering services to architects, government agencies, developers, contractors, and institutional clients. Our Los Angeles Structural office is located at the Bloc in Downtown Los Angeles. A warm and friendly environment, we are dedicated to growing with our employees and allowing people to pursue their passions. KPFF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
- Minimum Experience 0 Experience
- Minimum Education High School / GED
- Discipline/Specialty Business Operations, Information Systems
Ready to Join the KPFF Family?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now