- Office Location Austin, TX
- Post Date 2022-08-24
- Team Austin, TX
The KPFF San Diego office is looking to hire a remote, full-time structural engineer that is based in Texas. This person will work closely with our team of engineers in Texas but will be expected to initially work independently from home, and periodically meet in-person and at job sites in Austin. As a valued employee, you will be fully supported by our office, and have the opportunity to work out of a new KPFF Austin office within the year.
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in structures
- 3.0 or above Cumulative GPA in Bachelor’s coursework
- Previous internship, or up to 1 year full-time experience in a Structural or Civil Engineering role
- Strong understanding of structural engineering fundamentals (free body diagrams, P/V/M diagrams, etc.)
Highly Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering with an emphasis in Structures
- EIT Certification
- Candidates with transcripts showing completed graduate coursework in:
- Structural Statics and Dynamics
- Steel Design
- Concrete Design
- Wood Design
- Seismic Analysis and Design
In your cover letter (PDF) please respond to the following prompts:
- Describe a time when you were assigned a project or task that turned out to be really difficult. How did you work through it, and what was the outcome?
- Who has most influenced you and why?
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume and references (2-3). If you are a recent graduate, please also attach your transcript. Qualified applicants only.
KPFF has been an industry leader in civil and structural engineering for over 60 years, working with architects, developers, contractors, and industry innovators to realize our clients’ vision for a successful project. We hire people who are creative, highly skilled, and who approach each job with passion, integrity and in the best interest of the client.
KPFF offers a work environment that fosters innovation and the exchange of ideas without the limitations of hierarchy. This flat structure is the basis for our unique approach to building vibrant relationships with our clients and each other. We also acknowledge the need for a balanced integration of work and life and offer a competitive, well-rounded benefits package that includes 401k matching, flex time and paid family leave.
- Minimum Experience 0-1 yrs Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Structural Engineering, Structural Engineering
Ready to Join the KPFF Family?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now