- Office Location Seattle, WA
- Post Date 2022-08-17
- Team General & Administrative - Seattle, WA
KPFF has been an industry leader in civil and structural engineering for over 60 years. At KPFF, our purpose is to engineer opportunities. We focus on solving problems, delivering excellence, helping our communities, and enabling the growth and creativity of our people, clients, and profession. We realize sustainable success at KPFF by respecting and empowering personal potential.
We are excited to welcome a Leave and Benefits Specialist to our team in Seattle. This is a dynamic role with an opportunity to positively impact employees and offices across KPFF. The Leave and Benefits Specialist will administer KPFF’s Leave of Absence programs, assist in compliance reporting and data management, and develop solutions for a variety of issues related to leaves and benefits. The ideal partner is passionate about creating an excellent employee experience, brings strong data analysis skills, and is experienced in identifying and implementing process improvements and efficiencies.
As part of our team, you will:
- Build strong internal KPFF relationships through day-to-day administration of all leave of absence programs, including KPFF’s new Paid Family Leave benefit!
- Collaborate with local Benefits Administrators, the Payroll and Benefits team, and KPFF’s third-party leave administrator to ensure accurate and timely review of claims and changes impacting employee benefit deductions and coverage.
- Develop processes to track employee leaves and provide regular status updates to internal team.
- Educate offices on leave processes and create internal procedures and training guides for employees.
- Maintain knowledge and communicate updates of federal and state leave regulations.
- Assist in completing compliance requirements such as KPFF’s Affirmative Action Plan and EEO filings.
- Process, audit, and reconcile monthly and quarterly billing for benefit providers.
- Provide technical HRIS support and training, testing new features and recommending improvements.
- Create customized reports and analyze HRIS data in support of people initiatives within the local offices.
Experience and skills needed:
- 4-7 years of experience supporting a variety of HR processes and applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
The approach that adds value:
- Self-motivated and collaborative, with a passion for continuous improvement
- Work effectively with employees and managers across all disciplines
- Identify and resolve problems with positive, customer-focused attitude
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Professionalism in handling sensitive and confidential information
KPFF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Minimum Experience 4 Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Business Operations
Ready to Join the KPFF Family?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now