Civil Project Manager
- Office Location Seattle, WA
- Post Date 2022-07-19
- Team Seattle
Civil Project Manager
Civil Project Manager
Work with us, not for us. Let’s partner together to create our future built environment!
You will work within a fun, dynamic, and diverse team to produce deliverables for clients who represent a wide variety of industries. You will have the opportunity to manage projects from the beginning planning stages through construction documents, and support clients during design and construction. Project types vary from site development to utility infrastructure to regional stormwater facilities in the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
The option for a hybrid work from home/office environment provides the best of both worlds. Our welcoming and newly renovated office offers collaboration space where you can brainstorm with your team and mentors, an individual workspace where you can dive deep into your design, and large kitchens where you can escape for some lively lunchtime conversation. Two years in a pandemic taught us the value of a flexible work environment and the importance of our time together. We will work with you to establish a home/office balance that addresses your individual scheduling needs. Use your KPFF subsidized ORCA pass to have light rail deliver you directly to our building, or for a sustainable Metro bus commute to our downtown office. To incorporate some exercise into your commute, join the many cyclists in our office and take advantage of bicycle storage and lockers on each floor.
In your resume and/or cover letter please indicate how and where you obtained the qualifications we have outlined below. We look forward to getting to know you!
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil (preferred) or environmental engineering.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification.
- Washington State Professional Engineer (PE) license in civil engineering (preferred).
- 5+ years of experience working under the supervision of a licensed professional civil engineer
- Ability and experience to effectively lead and motivate a team to deliver projects
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Coursework and/or familiarity with stormwater hydrology modeling (preferred).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Alongside, and with the supervision of a principal and/or associate, you will:
- Manage and lead the technical and/or logistical elements of a project.
- Engage with clients, contractors, and design team members to coordinate and facilitate effective design solutions.
- Travel to project sites to observe existing conditions and construction activities.
- Review and support team members with jurisdictional code and manual research to confirm design requirements.
- Drive and present sustainable civil engineering solutions.
- Perform and/or review calculations to support the design of stormwater conveyance, water quality, flow control, and green stormwater systems.
- Perform and/or review vehicular turning studies using software such as AutoTurn.
- Prepare and/or review project specifications for your project design work.
- Prepare and/or present design reports and give design presentations.
- Prepare and/or review drainage reports and feasibility studies.
- Work with design and project engineers, and CAD staff to develop permit and construction plans that may include erosion control, site demolition, stormwater facility design, site utility design, pavement design, and site grading.
- Help train and develop interns, design engineers, and project engineers.
- Prepare proposals and scopes of work.
- Develop relationships with clients and design team members.
Salary and Benefits
- $87,500+ salary
- An excellent 401K retirement savings plan with employer contributions
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance, with a no-premium option
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) option
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option with employer contribution
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option
- Dependent care FSA option
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group life insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays (including two floating holidays of choice)
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, jury duty)
- Supplemental paid family leave
- Travel accident insurance
- Subsidized ORCA bus/rail pass
KPFF is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Minimum Experience 5 years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Civil Engineering
- Job Type Permanent
Ready to Join the KPFF Family?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now