Bridge Engineer (0-4 years)
- Office Location Seattle, WA
- Post Date 2022-07-15
- Team Seattle, WA
Bridge Engineer (0-4 years)
BRIDGE ENGINEER (0-4 YEARS)
KPFF’s Washington Division, located in Downtown Seattle, is seeking Entry-Level Structural Engineers to join the Bridge/Heavy-Civil group. Be sure to check out our website to learn more about what you can gain from a career at KPFF:www.kpff.com
The Bridge/Heavy-Civil Team consists of structural engineers working in a vast array of bridge and heavy-civil design fields such as highway bridges, pedestrian bridges, walls, culverts/fish-passage, bridge inspection, ferry terminals, and piers/wharves. We pride ourselves on our collaborative approach to consulting, working with clients from all across the industry, including small local agencies, transportation departments, architects, and contractors. At KPFF there is always something new to learn and endless opportunities to innovate.
Our core values at KPFF are Stability, Trust, Excellence, Relationships, and Passion. We are dedicated to helping every individual grow as a professional by working closely together on challenging and exciting projects. This position will allow you to participate in the engineering design and management of a wide range of transportation projects while working with a variety of public and private sector clients.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following:
• Perform design and inspection/field work that does not require previous experience.
• Perform structural analysis and prepare design sketches. Project types could include new structures, structural rehabilitations of existing structures, and/or seismic analysis and design.
• Assist in the preparation of plans, specification, cost estimates, or reports for new construction and/or evaluation of existing structures.
• Instructs draftspersons on design drawings.
• Participate in technical and project discussions within the design team.
• Keeps Project Managers informed of workload and changes to project scope/efforts.
• As your experience grows, you will also begin taking part in project management tasks, such as monitoring budgets and schedules, interacting with clients, and leading junior engineers.
KPFF has been an industry leader in civil and structural engineering for over 60 years, working with world-class architects, public agencies, and contractors to realize our clients' vision for successful projects.
We are passionate about developing great engineers. Join us and be part of a team that works on exciting projects with exceptional clients!
- BSCE with emphasis in Structural Engineering
- 0-4 years of experience
- MSCE or MSE with emphasis in Structural Engineering
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Eager to develop and grow as a structural engineer
- Passionate about providing exceptional client services
- Strong technical and organizational abilities
Benefits Provided by KPFF:
- An excellent 401K retirement savings plan with employer contributions.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance – with a no-premium option
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) option
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option with employer contribution
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option
- Dependent Care FSA option
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid holidays (including two floating holidays of choice)
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, jury duty)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Subsidized ORCA bus/rail pass
- Performance based Bonus program based upon the profitability of the business unit and contributions of the employee to its success.
KPFF is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Minimum Experience 0-4 years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Structural Engineering
Ready to Join the KPFF Team?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now