Structural Engineer Entry-Level
- Office Location Salt Lake City, UT
- Post Date 2022-06-30
- Team Salt Lake City, UT
Structural Engineer Entry-Level
Work with us, not for us. Let’s partner together to create our future built environment!
KPFF is an engineering-focused company organized around the philosophy that great people thrive in an environment that enables freedom and independence while also providing the necessary amount of accountability and support.
Trustandexcellenceare foundational values for our company. Our non-bureaucratic approach depends on passionate, trustworthy people who are dedicated to excellence in everything they do.
We focus on long-termstabilityand prudent growth by building lastingrelationships, maintaining anexcellentreputation, helping improve our profession, helping our clients to succeed, and providing increasing opportunities for the great people that make up KPFF.
We also like to have fun and give back to our community! Social events and community outreach activities are an important part of who we are and help to strengthen our relationships. Be sure to check out our website to learn more about us and the projects we work on:www.kpff.com
Who We’re Looking For
Want to start your career at an engineering firm with diverse projects, a tight-knit team, and an engaging company culture? Consider KPFF! We are a national civil and structural firm designing some of the most iconic structures in Salt Lake City and the Wasatch Front.
We are looking for an entry-level structural engineer who enjoys working with teams to accomplish big goals. You’ll be a valued member of our team with training and development opportunities to grow your skillset and take on increasing project responsibilities. We are looking for someone who doesn’t just have the technical skills to succeed, but also has the communication skills (listening, empathy, conveying ideas concisely) to work with internal teams and clients.
A Day in the Life Might Include…
- Creating structural drawings supported by a calculation package
- Developing a structural model using computer-aided design software (Revit, AutoCAD, RAM, etc.)
- Referring to applicable building codes for appropriate loads, analysis procedures, and requirements
- Discussing the best load path for a safe and efficient building design with your project team
- Visiting a construction site and writing an observation report
- Supporting a project manager to prepare, allocate, and track a project workplan and budget
- Collaborating with architects, contractors, and others on your design team to solve problems and deliver a successful project
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (with an emphasis in structures)
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering is strongly preferred
- EIT Certification
- Previous internship experience is preferred
Our Salt Lake City office opened in 2017 to better service owners, architects, and contractors along the Wasatch Front. We are a growing engineering practice that is part of a reputable multidisciplinary firm. Although we are part of a nationwide firm, at KPFF we believe that decisions should be made at the level closest to the issue, unencumbered by bureaucratic policies or practices.
Our work includes a broad portfolio of projects using all types of materials and cutting-edge technologies, including performance-based design, nonlinear analysis, and parametric modeling. From the LDS Conference Center to Trolley Square, KPFF has been honored to play a part in designing some of the most iconic spaces in Salt Lake City. Come help us write the next chapter!
KPFF Consulting Engineers provides structural engineering services to architects, government agencies, developers, contractors, and institutional clients. KPFF is a nationwide firm with more than 20 offices and 1,200 employees. Our supportive and fun work environment allows for flexibility and encourages work/life harmony. We offer generous benefits, a competitive salary, and pay for every hour worked.
Benefits include professional development, medical, dental (option), life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, family leave, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. We also provide an excellent 401k retirement savings plan with employer contributions. Additionally, KPFF provides a bonus program for its employees based upon the profitability of their Reporting Center and contributions of the employee to its success.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce
- Minimum Experience 0 years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Structural Engineering
Ready to Join the KPFF Team?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now
View All Job Openings
Browse our open positions to find the perfect fit for you.