Structural Engineer (PE)Apply Now
- Office Location Boise, ID
- Post Date 2022-06-30
- Team Boise, ID
Structural Engineer (PE)
Work with us, not for us. Let’s partner together to create our future built environment!
KPFF is an engineering-focused company organized around the philosophy that great people thrive in an environment that enables freedom and independence while also providing the necessary amount of accountability and support.
Trustandexcellenceare foundational values for our company. Our non-bureaucratic approach depends on passionate, trustworthy people who are dedicated to excellence in everything they do.
We focus on long-termstabilityand prudent growth by building lastingrelationships, maintaining anexcellentreputation, helping improve our profession, helping our clients to succeed, and providing increasing opportunities for the great people that make up KPFF.
We also like to have fun and give back to our community! Social events and community outreach activities are an important part of who we are and help to strengthen our relationships. Be sure to check out our website to learn more about us and the projects we work on:www.kpff.com
Looking for a firm where you can take your career to the next level? KPFF is a nationally respected engineering firm with diverse projects, coaching opportunities, a tight-knit team, and an engaging company culture. We have designed some of the most iconic structures in Boise and the Treasure Valley over the last 20 years – now we’re looking for a Project Engineer to join us in this new chapter.
You’ll be a valued member of our team with opportunities to grow your technical skillset and take on increasing project responsibilities. We are looking for someone who is dynamic – there’s nothing wrong with technical savvy, but technical can be trained. We need a strong communicator who is hungry to take advantage of coaching and professional development.
A Day in the Life Might Include:
- Proactively collaborating with architects, contractors, and other design team members to solve problems and deliver a successful project to the owner
- Developing a project workplan, budget, and proposal
- Creating structural drawings and calculation packages
- Developing a structural model using computer-aided design software (Revit, AutoCAD, RAM, etc.)
- Strategizing with project teams for sustainable and efficient design
- Visiting a construction site and writing an observation report
- Participating in an office training session on effective communication, project management, or another applicable topic
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (with an emphasis in structures)
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering is strongly preferred
- Approximately four (4) years of previous experience in structural engineering
- Idaho PE license (or ability to get one in 6 months) is strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills
KPFF Boise is a dedicated team of innovative engineers who care deeply about the local community and the impact we have on it. Since 1960, KPFF has provided sustainable, state-of-the-art contributions to the built environment. We operate daily with the foundation of our core values:Relationships, Excellence, Passion, Stability, and Trust.
Our supportive and fun work environment allows for flexibility and encourages work/life harmony. We offer generous benefits, a competitive salary, and pay for every hour worked. Benefits include medical, dental (option), life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. We also provide an excellent 401k retirement savings plan with employer contributions. Additionally, KPFF provides a bonus program for its employees based upon the profitability of their Reporting Center and contributions of the employee to its success.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
- Minimum Experience 3 years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Structural Engineering