Structural Engineer - Entry LevelApply Now
- Office Location Boise, ID
- Post Date 2022-06-30
- Team Boise, ID
Structural Engineer - Entry Level
Work with us, not for us. Let’s partner together to create our future built environment!
KPFF is an engineering-focused company organized around the philosophy that great people thrive in an environment that enables freedom and independence while also providing the necessary amount of accountability and support.
Trustandexcellenceare foundational values for our company. Our non-bureaucratic approach depends on passionate, trustworthy people who are dedicated to excellence in everything they do.
We focus on long-termstabilityand prudent growth by building lastingrelationships, maintaining anexcellentreputation, helping improve our profession, helping our clients to succeed, and providing increasing opportunities for the great people that make up KPFF.
We also like to have fun and give back to our community! Social events and community outreach activities are an important part of who we are and help to strengthen our relationships. Be sure to check out our website to learn more about us and the projects we work on:www.kpff.com
Want to start your career at an engineering firm with diverse projects, a tight-knit team, and an engaging company culture? Consider KPFF! We are a national civil and structural firm designing some of the most iconic structures in Boise and the Treasure Valley.
We are looking for an entry-level structural engineer who enjoys working with teams to accomplish big goals. You’ll be a valued member of our team with training and development opportunities to grow your skillset and take on increasing project responsibilities. We are looking for someone who doesn’t just have the technical skills to succeed, but also has the communication skills (listening, empathy, conveying ideas concisely) to work with internal teams and clients.
A Day in the Life Might Include:
- Creating structural drawings supported by a calculation package
- Developing a structural model using computer-aided design software (Revit, AutoCAD, RAM, etc.)
- Referring to applicable building codes for appropriate loads, analysis procedures, and requirements
- Discussing the best load path for a safe and efficient building design with your project team
- Visiting a construction site and writing an observation report
- Supporting a project manager to prepare, allocate, and track a project workplan and budget
- Collaborating with architects, contractors, and others on your design team to solve problems and deliver a successful project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (with an emphasis in structures)
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering is preferred
- EIT Certification
- Strong communication skills
- Previous internship experience is preferred
KPFF Boise is a dedicated team of innovative engineers who care deeply about the local community and the impact we have on it. Since 1960, KPFF has provided sustainable, state-of-the-art contributions to the built environment. We operate daily with the foundation of our core values:Relationships, Excellence, Passion, Stability, and Trust.
Our supportive and fun work environment allows for flexibility and encourages work/life harmony. We offer generous benefits, a competitive salary, and pay for every hour worked. Benefits include medical, dental (option), life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, vacation and sick time. We also provide an excellent 401k retirement savings plan with employer contributions. Additionally, KPFF provides a bonus program for its employees based upon the profitability of their Reporting Center and contributions of the employee to its success.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
- Minimum Experience 0 years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Structural Engineering