- Office Location Portland, OR
- Post Date 2022-06-07
- Team Portland, OR
KPFF Consulting Engineers provides engineering services to private and public clients worldwide and is seeking a motivated person to provide structural investigation, material testing and special inspection services. Investigations, material testing and inspections services are complementary to KPFF's core structural engineering services and involve the use of a variety of technical equipment. You will work with a team of other structural investigators and structural engineers to provide structural investigative services on Kpff projects.
The ideal candidate will possess sufficient education and/or experience to seamlessly collaborate with KPFF's engineering staff to investigate structural systems, provide inspections, and immediately support as many of the job responsibilities listed as possible. Because this list is broad, KPFF will provide additional future training as needed.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and specifications.
- Ability to understand and comply with safety standards and building codes.
- Must possess a valid Oregon Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to pass a Federal background check.
- High school diploma or GED plus a minimum of three (3) current special inspection qualifications (ICC or WABO) and two (2) years of special inspection experience.
Associates Degree in an engineering-related field plus two (2) years of experience in engineering and/or construction inspection or EIT certification.
Bachelor's Degree in science or engineering plus one year of experience in engineering or construction inspection.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Frequently outdoors and construction site visits in all weather conditions.
- Work schedules are variable and may be project dependent.
- Some work may be above ground, using elevated platforms, or in confined spaces.
- Frequent lifting, walking on rough terrain, stooping, and bending is required.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Work may involve occasional travel.
Structural Investigation Responsibilities:
- Conduct as-built structural surveys to map out existing structures.
- Conduct steel corrosion surveys.
- Collaborate with structural engineers to evaluate structural damage to existing structures.
- Provide resistograph investigation of wood structures.
- Utilize ground penetrating radar (GPR) to investigate reinforcing concrete, post-tensioned concrete and masonry.
- Load test assemblies and components using hydraulics and load cells.
- Work with state of the art software to document investigation results.
- Utilize Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) to investigate concrete and steel components.
Special Inspection Responsibilities:
- Provide special inspections of structural steel construction, reinforced concrete construction, post-tensioned concrete construction, structural masonry construction, structural wood framing, proprietary anchor installations, and seismic anchorage of mechanical and electrical components.
- Provide NDT of welds including magnetic particle, penetrant, and ultrasonic test methods.
- Provide ASTM tests related to each field of special inspection.
- AWS certified weld inspection.
Compensation & Benefits:
KPFF offers competitive salary and a generous benefits package. Please submit your resume through this website. No phone inquiries, please. KPFF is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to maintaining a diverse workplace.
- Minimum Experience 3 years Experience
- Minimum Education High School / GED
- Discipline/Specialty Special Inspection
Ready to Join the KPFF Team?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now
View All Job Openings
Browse our open positions to find the perfect fit for you.