Special Inspector (Welding)
- Office Location Portland, OR
- Post Date 2022-04-14
- Team Portland, OR
Special Inspector (Welding)
KPFF Consulting Engineers provides engineering services to private and public clients worldwide and is seeking a motivated person to provide special inspection services. Our special inspectors are also involved with structural investigations and material testing as all of these services are complementary to KPFF's core structural engineering services and involve the use of a variety of technical equipment. You will work with a team of other structural investigators and structural engineers to provide special inspection and structural investigative services on KPFF projects.
The ideal candidate will possess sufficient education and/or experience to provide steel construction inspections and immediately support as many of the job responsibilities listed as possible.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and specifications.
- Ability to understand and comply with safety standards and building codes.
- Must possess a valid Oregon Driver’s License and have an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to pass a federal background check.
- High school diploma or GED plus a minimum of two (2) current special inspection qualifications (ICC or WABO) and two (2) years of special inspection or AWS certified weld inspection certification.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Job Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Frequently outdoors and conducts construction site visits in all weather conditions.
- Work schedules are variable and may be project dependent.
- Some work may be above ground, using elevated platforms, or in confined spaces.
- Frequent lifting, walking on rough terrain, stooping, and bending is required.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Work may involve occasional travel.
Special Inspection Responsibilities:
- Provide special inspections of structural steel construction.
- Provide NDT of welds including magnetic particle, penetrant, and ultrasonic test methods.
- Provide ASTM tests related to each field of special inspection.
- AWS certified weld inspection.
Compensation & Benefits:
KPFF offers competitive salary and a generous benefits package. Please submit your resume through this website. No phone inquiries, please.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
- Minimum Experience 2 Experience
- Minimum Education High School / GED
- Discipline/Specialty Structural Engineering
Ready to Join the KPFF Team?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now
View All Job Openings
Browse our open positions to find the perfect fit for you.