- Office Location Los Angeles, CA
- Post Date 2022-03-21
- Team Los Angeles
A Project Coordinator in the Los Angeles Structural Engineering office will work with other Project Coordinators and the Office Manager to serve several engineering and modeling teams. The Project Coordinators will assist the Office Manager to provide administrative support to the office as a whole. This role will report to the Office Manager.
- 40-hour work schedule, Monday through Friday
- Benefits include medical insurance, dental insurance, & employer 401k contributions
- 2 Weeks of Vacation annually
- Paid overtime hours
- Flexible scheduling - core hours of collaboration are 9:30-3:30 PM
- Opportunities for social interaction, teambuilding, and fun!
To be considered, submit the following:
- A resume identifying all previous employment
- Your most current transcripts for all college level coursework
- A cover letter addressing the following two questions:
- What does your work ethic look like? – Give examples of your work ethic in action.
- Describe a time when you were part of a team you felt worked well and why you felt it was successful.
If you are interested in this position, please click on the “Apply” button below. Resumes sent elsewhere will not be considered.
- 2 years of full-time Administrative experience or project coordinator experience with High School Diploma required.
- 1 year of full-time Administrative experience or project coordinator experience may be substituted for those with an Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree.
- Construction industry experience preferred.
- Highly competent with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote).
- Competent in proofing and quality control.
- Experience with project management software preferred (i.e., MS Planner).
- Experience with PDF editor software preferred (i.e., Adobe or Bluebeam).
- Experience in construction administration tasks such as tracking of RFI’s, change orders, invoices, estimates, and other documents for multiple projects preferred.
Effective Team Member:
- Service oriented individual with a track record of high performance, reliable attendance, and professional behavior.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and takes pride in their work.
- Excited to learn new skills and grow in their knowledge of the AEC industry.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and efficient; even with multiple responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal collaboration skills, likes working on a team in various roles and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills. Can independently solve problems and communicate clearly at a level appropriate for their role.
- Coordinate project needs including printing, shipping, document markups, logging, specs, calculation packages.
- Go to person for office knowledge on subjects such as: Policies, supplies, vendor requests, Building Management communication.
- Assist preparation of documents for milestone submittals such as plan check.
- Tracking of RFI’s, change orders, invoices, estimates, and other documents. Utilization of a log to ensure timely response to items.
- Coordinates conference room reservations, Teams meetings, Zoom meetings, and other web-based meeting reservations.
- Maintain accurate project files and documentation utilizing electronic filing systems for projects.
- Conduct research and handle information requests.
- Coordinates dates, orders, and other needs for staff training and development.
- Assists project manager on prime contracts with management of sub consultants such as tracking contracts, processing change orders, developing meeting minutes, etc.
- Assist team leaders with workload planning and coordination.
- Assist with office wide event coordination.
- Assist in preparing projects for closure including ensuring conformance to KPFF archiving policy.
- Coordinate travel needs.
- Coordinate food orders for meetings.
- Other miscellaneous office administrative needs including but not limited to occasional distribution of mail, answering phones, etc.
- Backup for Office Manager, other project coordinators, as needed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Typically, duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- May occasionally need to lift items up to 15 lbs.
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy, and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to critically thinking through problems and finding solutions.
KPFF Consulting Engineers provides civil and structural engineering services to architects, government agencies, developers, contractors, and institutional clients. Our Los Angeles Structural office is located at the Bloc in Downtown Los Angeles. A warm and friendly environment, we are dedicated to growing with our employees and allowing people to pursue their passions. KPFF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
- Minimum Experience 2 Years Experience
- Minimum Education Associate's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Business Operations
- Job Type Permanent
Ready to Join the KPFF Family?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now