Structural Design/Project Engineer
- Office Location New York, NY
- Post Date 2022-03-17
- Team New York
Structural Design/Project Engineer
KPFF is seeking a Structural Design/Project Engineer for our New York office who is ambitious, humble, trusting, and strategic while hungry for autonomy and support to help grow our practice.
At KPFF, we are focused on engineering excellence. With numerous opportunities for professional growth, learning, and teaching, we rigorously develop our staff's careers and passions. Our engineers work in dynamic teams with open communication and dedicated support from senior-level mentors. We seek candidates who have the competency, attitude, and personal commitment to deliver efforts of the highest quality. Individual accomplishments and successful projects determine your future at KPFF, and your dedication and talent will drive your professional growth.
- BS in Civil Engineering with an emphasis on structures
- EIT Certification
- Previous engineering internship
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering design and knowledge of design codes
- Excellent interpersonal communication and professional demeanor
- Being an active member of our team
- Solid technical skills
- Ability to independently plan, document, organize, and engage in problem-solving
- Excellent research and information gathering skills
- Have a proficient understanding of load path, whole building systems, mechanics of building materials, etc.
- Have an understanding of developing construction documents and being part of a team to complete the project
- Ability to navigate through Revit and implement corrections, annotate, etc.
HIGHLY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structures
- Previous intern or full-time experience in a Structural Engineering role
- PE certification
- Have a strong grasp of the Construction Administration process and best practices
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively collaborating with design team members to solve problems and deliver a successful project to the owner
- Creating structural drawings and calculation packages
- Developing a structural model using computer-aided design software (Revit, AutoCAD, RAM, etc.)
- Visiting a construction site and writing an observation report
- Participating in an office training session on effective communication, project management, or another applicable topic
TO SUCCEED AT KPFF YOU
- Enjoy being mentored and to mentor; have a teacher's mindset
- Are self-motivated and strive for excellence in all aspects: for yourself and others
- Have effective organizational skills and communicates well and often, focused on relationship building inside and outside of the company
- Don't allow problems to overwhelm you
- Display a desire for growth and welcome advancement opportunities
- Welcome the collaborative and iterative process that comes with designing world-class buildings
- Embody KPFF's core values: Excellence, Trust, Relationships, Stability, and Passion
We are adaptive and creative engineers who design state-of-the-art, enduring solutions for a wide range of projects. We focus on contributing to a meaningful experience of designing and building within a Team, not just the results. KPFF has provided sustainable, high-value contributions to the built environment for more than 60 years. We collaborate with our clients to meet their expectations. Our focus is to provide engineering solutions to building infrastructure problems, whatever they are, rather than put limits on what we're capable of providing.
At KPFF, our purpose is to engineer opportunities – we have created a training and engineering philosophy called "forefront". Your experience starts the day you walk in the door at KPFF and continues as a career-long effort to help us all advance and grow together. Learning is a cycle, not a race to the finish line. In one way or another, everyone becomes a teacher and mentor for others as they continue to expand their skills and drive the KPFF experience. KPFF encourages innovation and continuous quality improvement in our work unencumbered by bureaucratic behavior. Professional development is an everyday event, as is your direct interaction with Owners, Architects, and Contractors.
KPFF is a global firm with more than 22 offices, 1,300+ employees, and collective professional registrations in all 50 states. We offer competitive salaries, pay for every hour you work, and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, and life insurance, vacation/sick/holiday pay, three percent 401k contributions with no matching requirements, bonus compensation, flexible work schedule, career development programs, and much more. Our supportive and fun work environment allows for flexibility for families and encourages a positive work/life balance.
KPFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Learn more about KPFF Consulting Engineers by visiting our website at www.kpff.com
- Minimum Experience 2 years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Structural Engineering
- Job Type Permanent
Ready to Join the KPFF Family?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now