Civil Engineer/Project Manager [4 - 8 years]
- Office Location Lacey, WA
- Post Date 2022-01-18
- Team Lacey, WA
Civil Engineer/Project Manager [4 - 8 years]
KPFF Lacey is a collaborative and creative team thatworks with public agencies, developers, contractors, and architects to provide Civil Engineering design and Surveying forprojects of all scales.We believe in encouraging personal and professional growth and work hard at providing a solid structure with minimal organizational restrictions.
KPFF provides immense opportunity for professional growth from within a constantly learning and teaching environment focused on excellence. We work on many types of projects and several projects at once. It’s a fast-paced environment that will provide opportunity to work with our staff of civil engineers and surveyors on small and large design projects requiring the ability to think on your feet and communicate effectively. This position provides opportunities to work in many unique and challenging environments. We promote decision-making at the level closest to the issue in order to most efficiently and effectively serve our clients, and to promote professional growth for our staff.
KPFF is more than just the work we do, we are the relationships we build, both with our clients and with our co-workers. To foster those relationships and build up our employees, KPFF offers a number of growth opportunities and social events, even in the current virtual environment.
KPFF offers excellent benefits including medical and life insurance, vacation/sick/holiday pay, three percent 401k contributions with no matching requirements, competitive rates, bonus compensation, flexible work schedule, and much more.KPFF offers excellent benefits including medical and life insurance, vacation/sick/holiday pay, three percent 401k contributions with no matching requirements, competitive rates, bonus compensation, flexible work schedule, and much more.
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to critically thinking through problems and finding solutions.
KPFF is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Manage civil engineering projects for public and private site development projects of all sizes. Scope of services ranges from preparing site feasibility and planning efforts to site layout design, grading, drainage, storm water management, utility improvements, roadway infrastructure design, levee design, and ADA code compliant site assessments.
We are seeking a self-motivated and energetic Project Manager that thrives working in a team-oriented culture for our Civil Engineering Group to manage and design a wide variety of projects.
As a Civil Engineer/Project Manager, you may be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for management and/or design of specific projects.
- Primary interface with clients on project coordination and design.
- Supervise and direct project engineers and drafters.
- Directly responsible for the technical content and quality control on specific projects, as established with Principal-In-Charge.
- Establishing project fees, managing budget and scheduling commitments with Principal-In-Charge of the project.
- Track project cost and timing to ensure fulfillment of contract commitments and profitability.
4 - 8 years relevant experience in site planning, storm drainage water quality and quantity control, hydrology, grading, utility, roadways, parking facilities, and all other aspects of site development for a wide variety of project types.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to function effectively in teamwork environment; and ability to focus on client satisfaction.
- Proven time management skills: ability to manage multiple active projects concurrently.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- P.E. license in Washington
- Working knowledge of codes, regulations, and standards applicable to the design and construction of major site development projects in Washington.
- Working knowledge of typical computer software programs used for civil engineering design (AutoCAD, Civil3D, Microsoft Office, Western Washington Hydraulic Model (WWHM), WaterCAD, AutoTurn, etc.).
We believe that people are at their best when they have a purpose and are self-motivated from the core of their ideology. We believe in giving individual’s the opportunity to pursue and develop an area of expertise and practice that follows their passion and improves our team and culture. We believe in supporting these pursuits both professionally and personally. This belief is at the core of our employees and KPFF’s success.
- Minimum Experience 4 Years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Civil Engineering
- Pay Range DOE
Ready to Join the KPFF Team?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now