Civil Engineer [1-3 years]
- Office Location Lacey, WA
- Post Date 2021-12-30
- Team Lacey
Civil Engineer [1-3 years]
KPFF Lacey is a collaborative and creative team thatworks with public agencies, developers, contractors, and architects to provide Civil Engineering design and Surveying forprojects of all scales.We believe in encouraging personal and professional growth and work hard at providing a solid structure with minimal organizational restrictions.
KPFF provides immense opportunity for professional growth from within a constantly learning and teaching environment focused on excellence. We work on many types of projects and several projects at once. It’s a fast-paced environment that will provide opportunity to work with our staff of civil engineers and surveyors on small and large design projects requiring the ability to think on your feet and communicate effectively. This position provides opportunities to work in many unique and challenging environments. We promote decision-making at the level closest to the issue in order to most efficiently and effectively serve our clients, and to promote professional growth for our staff.
KPFF is more than just the work we do, we are the relationships we build, both with our clients and with our co-workers. To foster those relationships and build up our employees, KPFF offers a number of growth opportunities and social events, even in the current virtual environment.
Are valued and empowered, collaborative and team oriented, innovative in their approach and passionate about their work. They are reliable, trustworthy and open with a high level of integrity. They value diversity, are inclusive and are committed to critically thinking through problems and finding solutions.
KPFF is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Candidate must have work experience as a Civil Engineer with knowledge of site development, grading, drainage, utilities, roadways, and stormwater. Work experience must include preparation of drainage and other technical reports, technical specifications, design plans, Agency permitting knowledge, and preparation of engineer’s estimate of probable costs. You will work closely with other Professional Engineers, Project Managers, AutoCAD Drafters, Administrative staff and the Principal-in-Charge.
- BSCE – Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients and to self-manage your time to ensure that commitments are met
- Experience and knowledge of typical computer software programs used for civil engineering design including (AutoCAD, Civil3D, Microsoft Office, Western Washington Hydraulic Model (WWHM), WaterCAD, AutoTurn, etc.)
- Civil Engineering PE License
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to work on a variety of project types
- Ability to shift between different project types easily
- Ability to maintain and apply multiple client standards simultaneously
We believe that people are at their best when they have a purpose and are self-motivated from the core of their ideology. We believe in giving individual’s the opportunity to pursue and develop an area of expertise and practice that follows their passion and improves our team and culture. We believe in supporting these pursuits both professionally and personally. This belief is at the core of our employees and KPFF’s success.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and a letter of interest by clicking the “apply now” link below.Applications should include resume and cover letter.
- Minimum Experience 1-3 years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Civil Engineering
- Job Type Permanent
Ready to Join the KPFF Family?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now