Senior Water Resources EngineerApply Now
- Office Location Portland, OR
- Post Date 2021-05-27
- Team Portland, OR
Senior Water Resources Engineer
Senior Water Resources Engineer
We are building an experienced team of professionals to deliver water and natural resource projects with a demonstrated history of managing stakeholder relationships and implementing innovative solutions to balance surface water management needs, resource conservation goals and environmental requirements.
KPFF Portland is seeking a Senior Water Resources Engineer who desires to make a difference and capitalize on their entrepreneurial spirit. You will work on a variety of public and private projects – including in-stream surface water intakes, screening and passage, irrigation district conservation and conveyance, and hatchery and NWR water handling and support projects.
If this describes you, we want to meet you!We offer the opportunity to pursue your passions with the backing of a successful, creative group of professionals. We believe in encouraging personal and professional growth, and we work hard at providing a solid structure with minimal organizational restrictions.
An ideal candidate with have the following experience and background:
- 5-10 years of experience in general water resources engineering project design and project management
- Ideally experienced in water pipeline convenance, design of hydraulic structures, culverts, fish passage and screening, stream restoration, etc.
- Prefer experience with civil and water resources engineering, environmental management and permitting, and hydrologic/environmental and watershed modeling and simulation
- Development of engineering reports and analysis including pipeline modeling, HEC-RAS modeling, hydraulic flow determination based on gauge and exceedance data, etc.
- Complete design phase experience including development of drawings, specifications, cost estimates and bid documents
- Direct client contact and natural resources agency consultation experience
- General knowledge of natural resource permit requirements and project implications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and priorities
- Passionate about providing exceptional client service
KPFF is a collaborative and creative team of civil and structural engineers and surveyors that thrive on designing innovative solutions for projects of all scales. KPFF is a leader in sustainable design, providing our clients with visionary, environmentally sensitive and technically advanced services. Our company is large (1,200+ employees across 22 offices), but nimble and operates day-to-day with the flexibility of a small firm. We have a great group of collaborative and dedicated engineers in a family-friendly, business casual environment.
The Portland Civil + Survey office (including Eugene and Washington DC staff) consists of 100 employees including 35 PEs and 3 PLSs. Our core civil practice focuses on site development, public utility and roadway infrastructure, parks and trails, and innovative stormwater management. Our survey team focuses on boundary staking, topo surveying, construction layout, drone missions, and building inspections. We work on many different and exciting design projects including education and healthcare facilities, national parks, cultural centers, zoos and museums, as well as government and international facilities. We believe in encouraging personal and professional growth, and we work hard at providing a solid structure with minimal organizational restrictions.
KPFF is more than just the work we do, we are the relationships we build, both with our clients and with our co-workers. To foster those relationships and build up our employees, KPFF offers a number of growth opportunities and social events, even in the current virtual environment. With monthly lunchtime learning opportunities, outside speakers, and structured growth programs, employees are constantly offered the opportunity to grow and expand their knowledge.
KPFF is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to inclusion and diversity in the workplace.
- Minimum Experience 5 years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Civil Engineering, Water Resources
- Pay Range competitive DOE