Civil Engineer (0-3 years)
- Office Location Seattle, WA
- Post Date 2021-02-08
- Team Seattle
Civil Engineer (0-3 years)
Civil Engineer (0-3 Years)
Work with us, not for us. Let’s partner together to create our future built-environment!
KPFF is an engineering-focused company organized around the philosophy that great people thrive in an environment that enables freedom and independence and also provides the necessary amount of accountability and support.
Trust and excellence are foundational values for our company. Our unbureaucratic approach depends on passionate, trustworthy people who are dedicated to excellence in everything they do.
We focus on long-term stability and mindful growth by building lasting relationships, maintaining an excellent reputation, helping improve our profession, helping our clients succeed, and providing increasing opportunities for the great people that make up KPFF.
We also like to have fun and give back to our community! Social events and community outreach activities are an important part of who we are and help strengthen our relationships.
KPFF Seattle Civil Engineering Group
We are a group of 70 engineers and CAD technicians organized in teams for mentoring and belonging with the flexibility to collaborate with other teams to scale for bigger projects. Our work is diverse as a natural expression of providing excellent service to our clients and our passion to pursue opportunities that excite us.
Our clients include architects, contractors, developers, public agencies, institutions, landscape architects and other engineering disciplines for both public and private projects. We generally work as a subconsultant on multidiscipline teams; however, we have a constant flow of work where we act as the prime consultant for infrastructure projects. We work in both urban and suburban environments. Market sectors examples include:
- Multi-Family Housing
- Low-Income Housing
- Commercial/Mixed-Use Development
- Corporate Facilities
- Health Care Facilities
- Bio-Tech Research Facilities
- Higher Education
- K-12 Education
- Parks, Trails and Recreation Facilities
- City, State and Federal Government Facilities
- Road and Utility Infrastructure
- Pedestrian Bridges
- Sustainable Stormwater Infrastructure
- Single Family Housing
- Industrial Facilities
You will work within a fun and dynamic team to produce a range of deliverables from planning studies to construction documents and provide support to our clients during construction. You will typically work on several projects at various stages concurrently or occasionally predominately on one big project. Our projects are primarily site development in nature with a broad civil engineering skillset required to design grading, drainage, utilities, paving and horizontal control. Civil engineering skills in road and utility infrastructure are a plus.
- Minimum of 0-3 years of experience, preferably in site development design
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- EIT Certification
- Coursework or familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Coursework or familiarity in stormwater hydrology modeling
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Ability to work dynamically with clients and project team members
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Strong technical and organizational abilities
- Authorized to work in the USA and not require future visa sponsorship
Benefits Provided by KPFF:
- An excellent 401K retirement savings plan with employer contributions.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance – with a no-premium option
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) option
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option with employer contribution
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option
- Dependent Care FSA option
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid holidays (including two floating holidays of choice)
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, jury duty)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Subsidized ORCA bus/rail pass
- Performance based Bonus program based upon the profitability of the business unit and contributions of the employee to its success.
KPFF is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Minimum Experience 0-3 years Experience
- Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree
- Discipline/Specialty Civil Engineering
- Job Type Permanent
Ready to Join the KPFF Family?
Take the first step towards a fulfilling career at KPFF by filling out our online application.Apply Now